For those of you who remember the festival last year, it was quite windy.
Thanks so much to all of you who joined us anyway!
This year we intend to go ahead with many of the features that were not feasible last year due to the weather.
Lots of activities for families.
- A colouring raffle contest will be distributed through local schools.
- Our photo booth where YOU can let your inner prawn out to be trapped and photo-documented for later laughs!
- The Dunk-a-Dad dunk tank!! That’s right, help support this fun event by dropping a dad in the drink!
- The favorite Bouncy Castle along with lots of other PAC kid activity booths!
- FREE fishing derby with Sam Sansalone http://www.proutdoors.com/
Feasting and Festing
- MORE prawns to eat MORE ways!
- Learn from prawners why this area produces some of the very best prawns in the whole world! Understand how prawning is not only sustainable but a solid part of the local food movement.
- Get your fresh prawns off the dock and bring them to our boiling pot!
- Lots of local farm produce, local artisan booths and those tasty food vendors too!
- Local Chef Demonstrations- if you’re interested in showing what you know, contact us NOW!
- The much loved ‘Black Box’ competition hosted by Townsite Brewing’s Chloe Smith!
- For 2013, we are looking for those household chefs to compete for great prizes. A professional background is acceptable but no paid chefs this year. Click here to send us an email if you’re interested in competing! This is a great way for you FOODIES to show off your flair.
There will be lots of local entertainment on the stage through out the day!
- A ‘REAL’ mermaid just might be seen from the dock….. we’ll keep you posted on that!
- Great reggae band http://www.houseofdavidgang.com/ for the FREE CONCERT at 8pm!
Artisan, local farmers and food vendors please fill our vendor application form (PDF attached) and mail to the address on the form or drop off to Amy at the Hub 101, 6275 Marine Ave, Powell River.
Message (or call 604-483-2228 or 604-414-4168) Amy Sharp about being a part of this grand event!